I'm still using 3dgs as a rapid-p test box well learning other engines. This is a video for a tower defense like game. My odd-take on the subject is to use a stationary base and a 3d area which you can place your defense devices into. The aspect is to defend a 3d space from an oncoming waves of varied attack ships and machines., whom adapt to the topology of your defensive network. They remember bad paths to the base and exploit open paths when they find one.
The idea came from watching the original Starwars 3-pack, I wondered what it would be like to defend Lando Calrissian cloud city from attack.

https://youtu.be/b5ORlXfoTAg

The video is older and not a current state of dev. Of course this is very early and exploratory so it's not much to look at. Just a base in a bad 3d cloud atmosphere and so dumb attack ships.

If you've seen the video, then you'll know why I didn't post any screens..

Anyone looking for an idea or who would like to run with this idea is welcome to it, but please notify me. It's yours if you want it I just don't see any reason to work on the same idea when I've many other projects under dev as well.

Last edited by Malice; 08/29/16 16:38.