Thanks jcl. I will try and learn that process.

As a newcomer, my first take on "zorro" is that it is a "black box" type system. That may be because I do not know where to look things up, it may be because it is not week documented or it may be because the architects want to keep you in the dark.

Not sure yet. It almost reminds me at this point of programming a FIX API to a broker that has few examples.

Just an observation.

My next question is where to get more of this knowledge. I will try the searching function in the manual. Perhaps that will help (although hardly efficient). What about subscribing to the "ticket" service. That service said that they do not fix code nor provide examples? What is the "service" then, not sure.

I also noticed there was a "German" version of the documentation that was supposedly better written and more in depth. Is there a transalation? Is this meant more for the "German" market that the "English" market?

One of the reasons I love to program in Python (even though it is slow a molasses, is that I can verify everything myself, tons of libraries and tons of ways to verify the calculations)

Anyway, I have rambled enough. Perhaps this info will help the next guy