Quote:
not always. Although it is hard, I have seen some lonewolves create awesome projects. It just depends on the person, hobby/work and whether you are working as an indie or in bigger companies (in which case specialization is probably always(?) required).

Well yes but this is called an exception.. It's even harder to find a lonewolf that never used out-box-solutions, design and wrote all parts from their own mind(AI, Pathfinding) without deep study of the known Technics, didn't use a current or simplified engine or a in-house engine and tool set, created all assets and shaders and content by themselves, and was hailed a wild success with a stunning project. That very much is the definition of genius prodigy which is in life is the definition of and exception, and not a target goal to measure oneself against.
And your are right about ones goals... I start want to make a game, I then wanted to work as a pro game programmer, finally after talks with people lone left the forum and work as high level real programmers for big names, I wanted to have as my job programming period. Even if it wasn't games. I wanted to work and make money write code and logic designs for software.

So Jack gets two views but vary valid, mine and yours.

hehe
Mal

Edit --
@Jack
-----> use an other engine like Unity.----
Even if you are not using unity or UE4, their forums and stuff can be studied too when looking for the higher level that the 3dgs tutorials don't offer. Because programming is logic in design not an engine or langue... You can convert their logic to your tools and that is one hellofAh learning experience.

Last edited by Malice; 07/29/16 22:30.