Hi,

My plan is to make a few maps with explorable houses with multiple floors for one of my games. And I want to be able to place it my real-time mapeditor (so I will not use blocks) and in a Shade-C environment.

I was pondering though what would be the best way set-up the 'building blocks/pieces' (3d models) to quickly create semi-unique houses in the editor.

So far I have been thinking of entirely loose objects/pieces (like e.g. a support beam, a window, a plank), but that solution seems to will involve to many entities and to much work to map whole houses.

Now I am thinking of seperating it in floors/levels. And than while mapping in the editor you could e.g. have multiple variations for a square floor or e.g. for a rectangle floor. And to create multiple floors you just have to place them ontop of each other.
I am having some difficulties though with letting floors blend smooth ontop each other (they now clip into each other cause e.g. the ground of the floor is different than the ceilling of the floor). Also its a bit annoying when you want to scale the floors cause the textures ofcourse are not tiled in contrary to wad textures on blocks.

Are there any other ways or perhaps tips on this subject? Or perhaps articles or such? Tia