Quote:
I hope this doesn't discourage JCL though, gs3d is still a solid product so any more updates would nice.
Dont forget people, JCL is one of us! "Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

To be honest i dont like those Topics.
This Topic is ok, cause its a question, not as always "Its dead blabla"

3DGS still is solid good and, like mentioned, leightweight. Works nearly on every system btw. WED is outdated? Sure it is. But better outdated then flooded with a horror amount of options and buttons.
"But in Unity (for example) i can buy scripts and stuff in the assetstore all ready to use"...then i ask why not simply buying a game and playing it while saying, ahhh i made this.
Another thing is, prototyping projects with 3dgs ( if u know what to do ) is mega-fast. Of course "leightweight" means there are Pro and Contras, its that simple.

If your passion is leveldesign (4ex) and u dont like to code stuff, Acknex is pure pain in the ass missing nearly all today normal features.

This is my personal point of view.
The step for 3dgs beeing more interesting for new users isnt thaaaaaaaaaaat big. At least its possible for Conitec. Maybe they making Money with Zorro just to invest it into A9 development again grin haha
Crossplatform, massive WED update, new good and fast shaders and a "bit more" updates here and there.

The following is not meant to the thread-starter, its meant global and i dont want to offend anybody:
If everybody would work with 3dgs that much as "3dgs-is-dead"-threads are written, a lot of projects would be flying around here ^^

Iam sure, at least i hope, for JCL 3dgs isnt dead now and wont die "that" soon.
Well if your up to the next AAA FPS Acknex isnt the choice, but it never was and never wanted to be!

Problem now is missing users and/or projects. Guess from Conitec's point of view its not very attractive to invest much money right now. On the other hand investing money would attract new users. The dog bits its own tail here.
Of course good 3d projects u cant do on the fly. They take years to grow. BlackJack and everybody else around here knows, iam sure.

And as long as updates come, even small ones, Acknex is pumping blood through the veins of 3DGS!

Missing regular updates sucks hard. Absolutly true.

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 07/14/16 21:51. Reason: was it the cat or the dog? :D

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;