@Reconnoiter

Well your ent-node Pathfinding sounds basically like the AUM Prefect AI or Pruuuufect AI (Whatever George named the last version.) So I'd say just mod that for a algorithm base. I couldn't comment on Superku's pathfinding as I don't recall looking at it. I have never really liked the scream-and-look run-time node setup( c_scan for nodes-scream, then c_trace-look for visible links). At one time George had a version that you ran on the dev side to build a text-file link data graph, then the release candidate loaded the graph from a text file at level start. However if I recall, he said later that the hdd read-time had turned into a handicap. But scream-and-look is crazy to me, because after dev - the released game shouldn't have nodes that change location. So your holding up level loading to scream-and-look for nodes at are always in the same place. Maybe that's not a issue or at-least a big issue for PC's today.

I surely wouldn't use the Path system for Pathfinding. If I couldn't make a NavMesh, or even a texture-read solution that was efficient(And I can't frown ), than I'd focus on a ent-node solution like you suggest.

I hope to one day have a combination solution that mixes all the ideas and I know the parts the Path systems play in that.

Best of luck and look forward to you Pathfinding solution in your next release.
BTW -> What editor are you using?

Last edited by Malice; 06/10/16 11:54.