Originally Posted By: DdlV
Ah - I see - this is only for Trading developed strategies.

Developing, Testing, & Training is a different ball game using lots more resources...

For Trading, I think a Windows VPS works better for me...

Thanks.

That's what I intended it for but it's certainly usable for development and training. Unlike a VPS it gets full direct access to the CPU, which may be an advantage.

Originally Posted By: Mithrandir77
Thanks a lot Veratyr! Great idea! But there is something that I don't get, you upload the docker file to a linux vps ? May I know what vps are you using?

The Dockerfile needs to be built on a machine that has Docker available. A Linux VM is probably the easiest but you can install Docker on Mac or Windows as well. I'm using a dedicated server running Fedora from OVH myself.

Originally Posted By: Mithrandir77
In step 3 I don't understand how you involve wine.tar.gz and Dockerfile in the creation of the docker image and where do I put xstartup and start.sh files

In step 4 I don't understand what placeholder you mean to replace with zorro location, is it something like this -assuming zorro is installed in /usr/local - ?

The Dockerfile is basically a script that tells Docker how to build an image. It makes them more maintainable and stuff. The xstartup and start.sh files just need to be left next to the Dockerfile (if you git clone the repository they're in the right place by default). wine.tar.gz is extracted into the image when you build Docker. I used it to install MetaTrader once but it may be worth just removing the line from the Dockerfile if you're not using MT4.

The Zorro location placeholder should be replaced with the path to a Zorro installation, that is, a directory containing Zorro.exe, Scripts folder etc.

I didn't really package this cleanly since I wasn't sure how much interest it'd get so it's probably a terrible introduction to Docker.