I would love to see this engine go open source, community could expand it. I have seen so many projects thrive while going open source. The engine is "undead" as I read from another user, it would be great to boost some life back into this thing.

I am bouncing between GS3D, Godot, and Shiva3D. I prefer coding in GS3D, but see no point in starting a project that I will be at for years to have a ancient engine to finish it on. The experienced gained would be priceless of course. Although the experience could be gained in something else and still be applied in something current.

I know, I know use something else then. I am not insulting the engine, I quite enjoy it. I have been following GS3D for a few years now and am wondering why not either a) Actively develop it b) Open source it so it can live forever.

I am afraid if it takes too long, anyone who cares will be gone and if/when it gets open sourced or developed no one will give a hoot.

Maybe this should have been under Rants...? It is applicable to the future of the dieing engine.

Last edited by KilljoyHeathen; 12/04/15 17:39.