Hi

Time is money and money is time. So I guess I am lossing money just by waiting for days to get the results of my backtest.
I have i7 8GM RAM so it should be fast but the amount of parameters and so on is increasing the backtest time. I have the same strategy splitted in different algos with different parameters so I cant reduce the amount of optimization parameters or algos.

I am looking for another solution. I could rent a vps with high speed but they are quite expensive.

So I am thinking about a network in the cloud for science computations and simulations. Some kind of network where you can link to and make the calculations over there really fast. I know that for the Bosson Highs experiments everyone could join to a network so that the resources of ones computer were used to make part of the calculations necessary.
I wonder if there is such a network that everyone can join.

If it is something that can be done individually, ( if this exits of course ) then there is no problem. But if it is not the case, and the software needs some kind of "key" or "access" to do that then maybe zorro could connect to that network and the backtests would last minutes instead of hours.

Last edited by Nanitek; 11/22/15 11:54.