Quote:
PS.: Malice, you're suggesting to create a bmap_zbuffer, but isn't bitmap creation slow? I also don't have a clue how render targets work. Used them a lot of years ago, and I have no memory of that process.

Truely I'm just throwing out ideas. But If I understand render z buffer is a direct d3d surface with pointer to the d3d object.

As for using this kind of idea, txesmi did a lot of working it out in a thread in this very topic a week or so ago. So striping the code he posted to what you need 'could' be half your work. LINK HERE

As to speed or if anything I say will work, I'm just spite-firing idea's. I have no clue. I'll try to do some testing, however I'll likely fail as I'm miles behind you in understanding all this.

Mal

EDIT- This didn't crash, however examining the d3d9.h and looking to transfer this http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questio...without-using-d
Makes my mind explode... I want to help but I am way over my head here. I have no idea what is happening at GetDC() and it might melt your pc. This stuff is to high level for me to just trail and error throw. Sorry
Mal
Quote:

#include <acknex.h>
#include <d3d9.h>
void main()
{
BMAP *bmpMap = bmap_createblack(1920,1200,32);
BMAP *bmpScreen = bmap_createblack ( screen_size.x, screen_size.y, 24 );
bmap_zbuffer(bmap_createblack(2048,2048,32));

while(1)
{
bmap_rendertarget(bmpMap,0,0);