Hi all,

I'm trying to create locking doors with keys. I can get a rotating door working just fine; I can create the lock and even the variable for unlocking but I can't get the key action to work correctly. I'm uncertain on how to switch my variable during the game. If I switch it in code, it works. Below is the variables, locking function and the door function. Can someone suggest a key action that would work with my code?

Code:
var have_key1 = false;  //beginning of game you don't have the key
var have_key2 = false;

STRING* got_key_wav = "gotkey.wav";  //sets the file name for getting a key
STRING* door_opens_wav = "dooropens.wav";  //sets the file name for opening the door

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

function lock_check(){
	if(////////////////////////////////////
	(my.skill1 == 0) ||  //if the door is set to 0, it has no lock. The || means OR.
	(my.skill1 == 1 && have_key1) ||  //you have key one or....
	(my.skill1 == 2 && have_key2)  //my.skill1 is defined in the first skill of the key model.
	){return (false);}  //you either have the key or there is no lock
	else{
		return (true);
	}

}

action door(){  //this will appear as the behavior in WED

set(me, POLYGON | SHADOW);  //polygon sets it for collision with player.

var door_swing_speed = 5;  //variable speed for door swinging
	var closed_pan = my.pan;   //variable for closed door
	var OPEN_OR_CLOSED = 0; // -- 0 is closed
	if(is(my,FLAG1)) {OPEN_OR_CLOSED = 1;my.pan+=90;closed_pan = my.pan-90;} //if you check flag1 in WED, 1 is Open.

VECTOR door_handle; //vector spot on the model, that's where the player needs to be closest to activate the door.
	vec_for_vertex(door_handle, me, 8);  //check what vertex to use for the door handle. This is defined in MED

while(1){wait(1);

if(lock_check() == false){  //lock check is defined above. If it returns false, you can open the door.

if(vec_dist(door_handle.x, player.x) < 100 && key_enter == 1 && my.pan == closed_pan){  //this for a closed door being opened.
				set(me, PASSABLE);
				while(my.pan < closed_pan+90){wait(1);my.pan+=door_swing_speed;}
				SND_CREATE_STATIC(door_opens, door_opens_wav); // play the "door opens" sound
				snd_play(door_opens, 100, 0);
				reset(me, PASSABLE);  //when it is opening, it won't get hung up on things
				while(key_enter){wait(1);}
			}

if(vec_dist(door_handle.x, player.x) < 100 && key_enter == 1 && my.pan == closed_pan+90){  //this for an open door being closed.
				set(me, PASSABLE);
				while(my.pan > closed_pan){wait(1);my.pan-=door_swing_speed;}
				SND_CREATE_STATIC(door_opens, door_opens_wav); // play the "door opens" sound
				snd_play(door_opens, 100, 0);
				reset(me, PASSABLE);
				while(key_enter){wait(1);}
			}
		}

}
}