The US export laws were relaxed in 1999. Crypto software can exported with minimal restrictions now. Even then, it's not like I will be including copies of OpenSSL in the application. Taken from http://www.cypherspace.org/rsa/legal.html;

---------------------------------------------

"Attempting to restrict crypto software has a several major flaws:

It's impossible to enforce. Just look at PGP for an example of this, its popularity has fared well under ITAR, the intrigue has only served to increase interest in it. These days PGP is the de facto standard for secure internet mail and file encryption.

* The technology behind the software is widely available worldwide.

* There have been many, many publications of crypto algorithms in international scientific journals. The RSA public-key crypto-system was published in the CACM (an international journal) back in 1978. This is the full reference so you can check and see if you have a copy in your library. This paper is an important piece of history.

* Some modern crypto systems were invented outside of the US (what they know about crypto too?) One example being IDEA (which is used by PGP, along with RSA), by Xuejia Lai & James Massey at ETH, Zurich. IDEA is believed to be stronger than DES and triple-DES the current standard encryption schemes used by US financial institutions."

---------------------------------------------

Not trying to derail the thread, but from what I understand it should be fine as long as I don't distribute the software, it doesn't say anything about using the code from the software :3 If anyone has any information to the contrary please feel free to IM me, again not trying to derail this thread.