What I find odd is that lets say I start a new game, and lose some health from 500 down to 320. I will then press the "q" key, and the game will ask me if I want to "save and quit" or "not save and quit". I click the button to "save and quit".

I then start the game over, and when the "NEW GAME" and "LOAD GAME" buttons show up, I click the "LOAD GAME" button, but I get the pop-up error mentioned above. However, I am still on the screen with the "NEW GAME" and "LOAD GAME" buttons, so I decide to click the "NEW GAME" button. The game starts up, and I now have 320 health like I had when I saved my game.

However, when I press the "i" key to bring up my inventory bag, the inventory bag does not display at all, like it normally does. For example:

Code:
player_code()
{

on_i = toggleInventory; // WORKS ORIGINALLY, BUT NOT AFTER STARTING A "NEW 
                           //    GAME" BY CLICKING THE "NEW GAME" BUTTON, AFTER 
                           //    UNSUCCESSFULLY TRYING TO LOAD MY LAST SAVE 
                           //    USING THE "LOAD GAME" BUTTON.

}

In other words, when I start a new game by clicking the "NEW GAME" button, toggling my inventory bag by pressing "i" works. When I save my game, and try to renter the game by restarting it, and click the "LOAD GAME" button to load my last save, I get the pop-up error.

However, I am still on the original page with the "NEW GAME" and "LOAD GAME" buttons. I therefore click the "NEW GAME" button, and my game launches, and even shows the health I had when I last saved my game. However, I am now not able to toggle my inventory bag by pressing the "i" key. Strange...