Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
well ai can be really fun I think, just many games I think don't have fun ai (they tend to choose better ai over fun ai I think or are just lazy or is too hard). Anyway, for me the best mp experiences have to be oldskool coop fps games (Blood, Heretic, Unreal to a name a few). But those aren't really made anymore if you want good map design, fast run&gun gameplay, fun enemies, good music etc. etc. frown Left4Dead is the closest fun 'modern' adaption I can think off.

exactly , case in point , what happened to good old fun gameplay , today there's toooo much focus on art /eye candy , don't get my wrong I am definitely for eye candy , and I love many sp titles , but the those that all come to mind are mega companies wich invest so much in eye candy but totally neglect most of the replay ability aspects of sp ,when you enter mp the game completely takes off on a whole new level of unimaginable replay value , left4dead wil become a die hard classic ! , I cannot ever live up to coding an awesome sp title but I am sure I can have my players live up to providing awesome mp fun , not that drives a successful title but give them something to have fun with and they wil !

Compulsive compiler