Originally Posted By: EpsiloN
I mean its really hard to sell Single Player Only games these days.
, this something I hear contradicting things about. E.g. on steam or review sites I see quite alot of posts of people saying they prefer if a game focuses on sp cause more work could than be put into the sp part. Though this is probably more like a niche market or only for some genres.

Originally Posted By: EpsiloN
PS.: My game is called The Dreamlord. I've posted it in the Showcase section. Its not much, but its what I could do with $0 budget laugh
, my bad, I got the impression you had published a mp game. Since you have lots of mp experience, I was interested in what you could achieve.

Originally Posted By: Wjbender
multiplayer can provide endless fun , I remember saying minecraft sucks ,well it does but one day I gave in playing a small multiplayer game against my sister's son ,long story short I was quickly reminded of what made games fun for me , no single player experience can live up to how real players forms the backbone of fun gaming , the prototype I am working on wil focus heavily on multi player good old funny fun'ness
, well ai can be really fun I think, just many games I think don't have fun ai (they tend to choose better ai over fun ai I think or are just lazy or is too hard). Anyway, for me the best mp experiences have to be oldskool coop fps games (Blood, Heretic, Unreal to a name a few). But those aren't really made anymore if you want good map design, fast run&gun gameplay, fun enemies, good music etc. etc. frown Left4Dead is the closest fun 'modern' adaption I can think off.

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 06/06/15 13:09.