Originally Posted By: rayp
You mean the Compiler is missing files, not me...

I mean was Trial and Catch to hard to implement?!?
Code:
try
   model.load(fromanywhere);
except
   message2user ("file (" + the_f_name + ") is missing/invalid");

...but no! process is just crashing. So i need one life to script and one to get it run...

http://manual.3dgamestudio.net/

most engine functions will give you some sort of error message and most also have return types you could check before getting yourself deeper in to trouble ,but the errors usually will occur before you get the returned type, if it were a file loading problem .

There isn't really exception catching , but you do have the use of "if" clauses , use them , the engine won't know what to do unless you tell it what to do upon a catchable error , however I agree on some thing in a different point of view :

the development environment doesn't even mean $# because it doesn't really catch THAT much problems to even be of use ,in that regard SED as a debugger or development environment is not really much of anything in my opinion .

I don't know how the engine compiles the code because it does not compile to a exe during the development test runs so I cannot really say much more than ,it is different from other dev environments in that regards as it appears to me , maby it compiles to executable code internally and then runs in an internal process during the test run or whatever which makes it so much different from the published version ,but I wonder if it would have been better to have a debugable exe compiled and ran as it would on publishing ,well good thing I do not use sed/litec

moving on ...

shade-c was made by users for users , so it isn't really that it's a problem originated from the engine developers , however the normal path issues/difficulties seems like something we should not be having in this age and time .

Compulsive compiler