If you know lite-c learning C# in the Unity architecture is not so hard. Get out of the easy 3dgs/ lite-c trap, is my advice. No time like now , to get out of the dead engine trap. If jcl would even talk serious about advancing this engine I would say stay. The A7 runs well on old pc, A8 runs on low spec current pc's and surface tablet 3.
Seriously this is just a prototyping tool for people comfortable with lite-c and 3gds. It's is like, 3 directX modules behind, among so many other things.
Take 2d sprite based games, my current project, or networking, my no killed project, Unity has basic functionally out the box and expanded with many plugins and kits. 3dgs, leaves you having to be a master coder of the most simple langue out there.
Take the 3dgs polygon flag, it makes a collision based on the poly shape of the model. With highly complex models it's a frame killer. Unity lets you scale down the poly mesh collidier to a simpler shape that still fits the poly outline of the model.
Hell you if you are a highly educated computer programmer, then there is hope in 3dgs, but then learning C# and using Unity is clearly a better choice.
3dgs Fanboy's need to stop telling people this engine is ok. It's is not. It is dead and abandoned by it's deceptive developer. It is past aged it is dust.

I am
Mal