Probably it would be useless. I agree with JCL, our task is to use and create great games with 3DGS, their task is to maintain it, and to develop to keep the engine profitable. It is a mutual dependence.

Unfortunately, I don't really know why 3DGS development stopped shortly after A8 came out. At that time it was a good engine, and it still has a good potential. Of course, its editors have been outdated comparing to Unity3D-3, so it was a fatal error not to finish new WED within a year after the announcement. I could have been a fine position to upgrade to latest DirectX too, and to modernize the renderer slightly, and to drop backward compatibility together with non-shader graphics (ffe) of free/extra editions.

Without new users no income comes due to the licensing system, and the competition has become really tough. JCL said licensing can change only with new engine versions. Probably they don't expect too much income.

I personally expect only minor new features and slow bug-fixes. Only community tools could help a bit, artist friendly solutions, basically editors, what you can make even in lite-c, I know at least one nice example. grin

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor