Originally Posted By: Redeemer
just like I will probably never learn painting even though Bob Ross tells me painting is the easiest thing in the world every time he comes on television.

Haha... good old Bob Ross, time to watch some episodes again (my HDD is full of them!).

My take on this thread's question and topic:
Quote:
What's stopping you from actually learning programming?

Because you don't have to. Sure, it is undoubtedly helpful to know as much as possible about a single language and esp. programming in general but learning such stuff is hard work for years (depending on your free time).
When game dev is a hobby for you it's likely you come home from school or university or work and just want to have a good time, you want to be creative and maybe put something playable together, an idea which you came up with while working. Most people just don't want to spend even more time "working" then, i.e. learn programming, and that is time (precious free time!) where you cannot work on what great game idea you had earlier that day.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends