Hi Dlively and Malice,

Quote:
Have you tried opening other .obj files at runtime with success..?
, sadly no. I have tried .obj exported by Blender (several ones) and by photoshop (3D layer, really buggy but funny grin ). I can try some more, but MED does import them so the .obj except for the photoshop ones seem to be perfectly fine.

The manual says that ent_create should be possible with .obj:
Quote:
The following file formats are supported: wmb (map entities), hmp (terrain), mdl, x, obj (models), tga, pcx, bmp, dds (sprites). Note that some formats have restrictions, f.i. the obj format requires loading the skin through ent_setskin, and the compressed dds format offers no access to single pixels of the bitmap. A cache with hash function is used for storing the file when it was already loaded before; for this, file names must not exceed 30 characters.

Quote:
As a side note, not sure why you would want another file format, however if it is for consumers to customize, then remember that forcing them to get their models converted by you could be a added source of revenues.

anyway just a side note.
, yes it is for users to customize. You bring up an interesting point however, thanks for that. Though in this case I want it load obj directly.

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 04/19/15 18:14.