Wow, we are seriously overstocked on tables. We got little tables, we got big tables, demo tables, texture tables, we got every type of table you need. lol. I can see why no one wanted to ever redesign the original AU website or 3dgs website, unless you just really loved working with tables.

when I first started this project, I ripped the complete AU site from the web and went over all the original scripts to understand the original design structure. It's table madness in there.

Tables and iframes are not used in my own design.

But either way, the originals were set up with the same languages that my version is using and all this talk of needing additional installs, php and plug-ins seem pointless in creating this resource site. (Or perhaps my misunderstanding comes from the fact that I don't use a cms platform) based on my research, if the original AU worked with html/css/js, then there is no reason that my own version will not work.

all that is needed for my version to operate is for the admin to have simple access to the ftp where the site is stored to upload submissions. Other than that, my detailed information for updating and managing the site is all you should need to quickly keep up with everything.

George : So unless I am misunderstanding something. I'm staying in this contest and working hard to get this job done. If I have misunderstood anything, please let me know so that I can reconfigure the core design.

edit: out of curiosity, who within this community will still be entering in this new project/contest? I see that some are already dropping out.

Edit2: new progress : today I created a custom sub-category system and integrated it into the current framework. All parent categories now have their own unique child categories. As a community, what sub-categories would you like to have based on the original AU categories?

I also added two new parent categories to the design.
1. Music and SFX
2. Video tutorials