Thank you jcl for the reply and the details! And apologies for saying "crash" when it wasn't a crash - I guess I use the term too liberately laugh

Anyhow, I think that this:

Quote:

If you remove an entity, it's still in the entity list, it just is not visible anymore and has no name or other properties. It only gets physically removed from the list at the next garbage collection, which happens at the end of every cycle.

So the easy solution is to check if the entity has still a name:

Should definitely be in the manual under "ent_next". I sure hope you'd agree that for someone not knowing the details of the engine, this isn't apparent otherwise.

Same goes for this:

Quote:
No, it is not related just to the list, but can also happen in other circumstances. When you have two different actions running on the same entity, and the first action removes the entity at some point, the second action must test the used entity properties - name, position and so on - in order to detect if the entity is still there. Removed entities have no name, no flags, position is zero, and also all other entity properties are nonexistent or zero.

Which I think should be under "ent_remove" in the manual.

Thanks again!

And also big thanks to you two Superku and Wjbender! Good to see I wasn't crazy laugh

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!