Now this is what I've been waiting for.. UE4.7.1 introduces blueprint components that stack in GUI drag and drop.
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Videos/Pla...deo=qr4ZjieAQKY

This is what I spent YEARS trying to build for 3gds. Build basic functionality once in many small parts, then drag and drop them on to the Entity you wish to enable with the functionality.
How many time have you rewritten the same basic movements before adding the unique functions on top. Why would you want too? Tell the true, you can code a basic player blind at this point, right? Because every time you do a project, you had to either have a c file in you personal library or write it fresh, even if it is exactly the same every time. However if you wrote basic gravity and movement once for your library, you benefit yourself or level works by being able to drag and drop that basic script on to any entity.

The idea of this component script building will shoot UE4 into beginner friendly zones. Experienced programmer will build a library of these thing and newbies can collect and uses them to creat games in lightening time.

This is no different from me grabbing and hacking(modifying) code from the 3dgs wiki. However the implementation is so simple and visual that beginners will love it and modify-learners like me will quickly be hacking at these components to understand how they work and how to build custom behaviors on top of them.

Last edited by Malice; 03/16/15 00:12.