I have tried, but I know, I am not good enough to manually trade, in the continuous battle between logic and emotions, my logic is easily defeated.

So I have spent some time looking for a reliable platform to develop automated strategies. There are only few platform on the market that have automated portfolio (multi-asset/multi-rules) strategy focus.
Most trading platform are very attractive, nice GUI and nice graphs everywhere but unusable for automated trading.

So you can imagine how easily I fall in love with Zorro (Graphics Interface will be welcome anyway). I have been able to achieve results in the first day, that was simple impossible with MT4.

Ok, now we have the tool, let's use it!

The goal is to create a profitable, robust, open, free, strategy; developed, improved and maintained by Zorro's users.

Unfortunately This is not an easy task mainly because Zorro has no tool for cooperative software design, no code versioning support. Even the language support is a limit and script encapsulation can not easily be done.

On the other hand is so easy in Zorro that some pain could be accepted laugh

Let's start in order to cooperate we need to define:

• Set measurable goals
  • Define the Traded assets
  • The Broker
  • Select, Improve, Discard Strategies
  • Define a testing methodology
  • Melt everything together with a skeleton procedure (the Run Function)

I will clear out all the above points in the following posts.

Now I need to stress out the method. Everything can be changed, but I have to stress out that in order to be successful we need to speak the same language i.e. if we present fantastic testing results using different assets, different testing periods and different testing methodology is for sure useful from educational purposes, but not really useful for our goals. To keep it simple with the actual single core Zorro training and testing the initial FAT strategy takes hours... Let's try to be focused

the Fat Strategy 1.0 that I will introduce as a common starting point acchieve a CAGR of 100%, but is way far to be tradable even in demo. A long work have to be done...

I hope to welcome many users helping me in this projects.

DISCLAIMER
I do not have nothing to sell o to promote, I do this for passion.
My goal is to trade my own strategy live asap. I do not recommend anybody to do same. If You will do it, you will do it at your own risk.
I am not good in coding.
I am not an expert in trading.
I am not a guru in testing.
If you wanna improve anything of my job you are more than welcome