I finally upgraded my GS 8, so that I can publish my game file, and make it into an executable file (.exe).

When I try publishing the main script, I keep getting an error that states:
Code:
Can't open file:  'standard.wad'

When I open the WED file that is getting loaded in the main() function, which is being loaded in the main script file, I see textures being used in the WED blocks that are using textures taken from standard.wad, and they are being shown correctly, but for some reason I am getting this error.

Also, when I try and run my executable .exe file, it sounds like the music for my game will start playing for about a second, but then Gamestudio will crash every time, and a message box pops up stating this message:

Code:
gameFile.exe has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.

After checking for a solution, the message box changes to:
Code:
gameFile.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I managed to make another executable for a different script file work just fine, and the textures loaded okay, and the executable loaded just fine, although this script file does not use the standard.wad file.

Also, when I compile and run my game file without publishing it, it runs just fine. I do not understand why standard.wad does not give me a problem when I compile and run my game file without publishing it, but does give me a problem when I do publish it.

I am assuming I cannot run the executable because there is something wrong with the standard.wad file. Does anyone know what I might be able to do to fix the standard.wad file, or is it doomed? It came out of the "wads folder" in the Gamestudio program folder.

Last edited by Ruben; 02/28/15 09:33.