Hi boatman,

thank you for the reply but I think you misinterpreted my message laugh I am not recommending that you should look for price patterns (like pin bars etc.) - I know that this is what many define as "price action" and I am sorry for bringing confusion here by using this term. What I just wanted to say is that when the price moves it moves for a reason - this is always the case and we should find a way to respect and understand the causes behind those moves and not just filter them out because they don't fit into a certain model. Retail traders and amateurs tend to define certain price movements as a "noise" due to their lack of knowledge and information about the underlying market structure and mechanics.

While I have a strong quantitative background (MSc Computer Science, MSc Mathematics, MSc Economics) I have also gone all the way in applying quantitative methods to trading over the last 7 years. Also I maintain good relationships in the industry and know personally quants working in proprietary or institutional trading teams.

Fact is that neither me nor any of the experienced professionals I know uses signal processing methods now days because they don't work and don't provide any measurable advantage. Using them is like trying to drive a car on a curvy street while watching only in the mirror and making a prediction about the street direction. It might work for a while but inevitably you will crash the car sooner or later - think about it more deeply before putting your or maybe even other peoples money into such a ride laugh

If you wish, send me a PM and I can share some live trading results from a live account to give you an idea what is possible. Also to give you some motivation to do serious thinking and not just follow all the talking heads out there.