Hey scotpip

I had a look a the mesa software website, and it seems that some of those indicators are discussed in the latest book, but not all of them. He talks about different methods for analysing spectra, plus you get the code for the detrender and instantaneous trendline (he calls it a 'decycler').

If you do want to gain a good understanding, my advice is don't be put off by the maths. I have an engineering and science background, so it wasn't foreign to me. But I can also say honestly that it is not as high powered as it might seem. You only really need to get your head around the basics of complex numbers, differential calculus and trigonometry to follow Ehlers' methodologies. Also it helps to be familiar with the fundamental characteristics of waves (amplitude, period, frequency, phase etc). There are online tutorials that would get you up to speed in a few days to a week. I think its well worth it.

Also, I'd be more than happy to try to answer any questions about Ehlers' methods. It would help my own understanding as well.

Cheers