@FEL: That ain't bad tongue

Quote:
yes graphics are not my strongest suit in fps games. Do think its everything or specific things like player 'hands+weapon', enemies or something else?

Okay, some more comments:
1: What exactly is this? It's brown, it's blurry and dappled. But should it be dirt, sand, ...? You can get pretty good textures at cgtextures.com, maybe you can use this:
Dirt/Mud Texture, just adjust some colors with GIMP or Photoshop so they fit your style.
2: Okay, i got a weapon. But what exactly is this grid representing? It looks like the weapon is carved out of one piece of material without any more details. Try to get some more defined shape in your textures.
3: The enemy textures are quite good imho. But try to get some specular (best with spec mapping) on them so maybe the shell(?) of the enemies reflects some light.

Quote:
What do you mean with hit markers on hit enemies? Like a number that shows the damage dealt?

Depending on the game style maybe some explicit animation after a hit, just a shake or something. If you go more arcade game (what would be great) you can add damage numbers floating up or just let the enemy blink red on hit.

Also what other games do is that they flash some kind of marker around the crosshair if you hit something.

Quote:
do you think the enemy strafes enough and often when walking towards you?

For example the panther-alike enemies run towards you, then stand still and spit stuff at you, pretty easy to hit. Just let them run around a bit after they spit at a player so they change position.
Also it's really hard to hit some enemies standing nearby you.

Just another question from my side:
Where do enemies spawn? I would like to know where they come from.
Maybe add some holes on the ground or on the rocks for those bug thingys and so on so the player knows where the waves are coming from.

Visit my site: www.masterq32.de