Hey you Guys,

I been a GameStudio user since A5 and seen many changes to the engine and the community.

For the last year or two I have been working with Unity for 3D and lately with Game Maker Studio Pro for 2D games.

I'm not going to say GameStudio is a bad engine, because it's not. When you get involved with a project you have to choose which engine/toolkit is working best for you and not just this or that shiny feature nobody else currently has.

Though, I have to admit that I would never recommend A8 engine for anything serious. And that involves investor money.

But, if you need to quickly prototype your idea or like to play with certain features or create small projects and for general learning it is a great tool.

I have been watching the forums many times to see what's up and this year only 1 update. Think it is bad. I don't get what JCL is doing with Zorro. First I thought it was a joke or some kind of pyramid scheme. But it actually seems serious and that makes it even more weird.

The last time we had to wait for engine updates and better import/level tools, it was because Conitec was creating some kind of game for someone they didn't even knew or something.

That was the day I bought Unity3D engine instead of A8 Pro update. I really want to support GameStudio. I will always be a fan too. But, I will not be waiting for Conitec.

And now this Zorro. I mean. WTH JCL? This was even weirder for me than the time I saw the letters "ATARI" in the engine window. I wouldnt name my sailboat the Titanic either. Unless I expect it to sink.

So, not bashing GameStudio. It still is a great product. And respect to the developers who actually created a real game with this engine. You will not be forgotten.