I have a Surface 2 Pro as well here, it can confirm that it can run Gamestudio stuff.

So, now to actually answer your questions:
Quote:
Maybe even a quick set for the compiler to restrict the build so levels and scripts are governed to limits that can be run in the os environment and hardware limits.

That won't be possible. Even with static analysis it's really really really hard to tell just how good something will run on a given platform, that is to say, for all intents and purposes it is impossible. You'll have to test it on real hardware!

Also, about your touchscreen question, the touchscreen does emit mouse events. However, it'll emit touch events as WM_TOUCH, if you ask for it using RegisterTouchWindow. You'll have to provide your own app message thingy (I forgot what it's called in gstudio, someone help me out), and probably have to declare a bunch of functions, structs and constants somewhere, but then you won't need a DLL.

Here is the general touch input overview on MSDN.

But seriously, get some real hardware first! There is NO point whatsoever to develop something against an imaginary target.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com