Ok I finally found it smile . It is not who you think it is (or whatever they say in those detectives when they found the murderer):

Code:
video_set(sys_metrics(0),sys_metrics(1),0,1);

even in an otherwise totally empty script:

Code:
function main()
{	
video_set(sys_metrics(0),sys_metrics(1),0,1);
}

This give a shows a value of 15 after pan in the f11 window. Interesting enough, setting the engine to windowed mode instead of fullscreen sets the value from ~15 to ~1.

Code:
function main()
{	
video_set(sys_metrics(0),sys_metrics(1),0,2); //note the 2 at the end
}

But wait there is moar!

Setting "video_set(sys_metrics(0),sys_metrics(1),0,1);" in my project with panels give 60 fps with the pan value ~15. Setting it to "video_set(sys_metrics(0),sys_metrics(1),0,2);" gives 150 fps (!) with a pan value of ~5. Cause windowed mode is less fps consuming I quess.
But now it gets interesting:

- if I first set the engine to fullscreen with the line above, than later to windowed through an ingame button I will get an fps of 100 and pan value of ~10.
- doing this reversed gives a fps of 60 with a pan value of ~15.
- now adding the line of "video_window(0,0,4 | 16 | 32 | 64 | 128,"blablabla");" after the video_set line, AND setting the engine the windowed (one way or the other) gives a whooping 'ref' (screen refresh etc.) of ~11 (first in windowed this was ~1) and decreases the fps from ~150 to ~45 (! shocked ).

The latter is a huge fps drop, could it be related to maybe cause i have an integrated graphics cards? Anyway that is a huge difference and definitely something to remember for lateron.

-edit, it has got to do with the combination between panels and other stuff that is visible and video_window(....blablaba) that gives such a fps drop. Cause the following code (almost empty script) gives ~500 fps:

Code:
function main()
{	
video_set(sys_metrics(0),sys_metrics(1),0,2);
video_window(0,0,4 | 16 | 32 | 64 | 128,"blablbabla");
}

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 08/01/14 11:22.