hi,

I just tried it. the installer is great. I would be happy if you could share your experiences, and explain how to use an installer properly for a game project, where to install game core and user data... once I will need it laugh

basically the game is nice but there are several things making the game not really smooth:
- options menu would require an OK button,
- in options menu I would use exactly the opposite text and highlighted text colours for selected/deselected items,
- I would use a separate loading panel covering main menu, with a progress-bar in the middle or bottom rather than top,
- when leaving the game area, the "I don't think..." or similar message is played from the beginning in every frame till button W is pressed,
- the terrain texture is great, but some building or other obstacle textures look bad from close, they would need to be much higher resolution, and preferably normal mapping,
- kicking the barrel results in a jerky movement,
- collisions are handled usually smoothly, except at broken walls/windows where are little jumps,
- the fog sprites should be faded out towards the player, it could eliminate some ugly clipping artifacts, especially when within a building,
- imo having a player shadow would be better,
- there are some shadow artifacts: some wrongly dark areas become properly shadowed as going closer, maybe it is a ligthmap to shadowmapping transition issue,
- shadowmapping shadow edges could be a bit smoother, sometimes a bit flashing,
- grass/bush shadows are not nice from close (maybe it depends of low/high shader settings?),
- probably you could utilize higher quality settings if upgrade to A8, it runs really faster,
- after loading back an autosave, the player position is not where I left the game, but instead the original start position, what is imo a wrong solution,

I hope my notes help your development. to be honest I'm not a fun of this genre, probably have no enough patience to discover and collect little objects/tools, but I'll make short tests when you publish new betas.

Last edited by sivan; 04/25/14 07:51.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor