Originally Posted By: DLively
1280X720 zoomed out I get 10Fps with your example Rojart laugh

The computer I am using only has 4GB of Ram and 512MB Card smirk My other machine has 8GB or Ram and 1024MB GPU.

Is there a way to acchieve these graphics without the huge loss of fps? I've played games on this computer that would require so much more reources than I use - and I my fps doesn't drop - It obviously must be me.

Nice shots! You are using DDS textures with generated 10 mipmaps DXT1 no alpha or DXT5 + alpha max res. 2048², right?

By the way Frame Rate Optimization.

Originally Posted By: DLively
A little bit more info: I've noted that when the light is behind the player (if the players / camera pan is between 270 - 310 or so) then it removes it. If not then everything works fine :?
^^EDIT: It doesn't matter actually. I just had to find the glitchy spot.. where the second glitch spot is, isnt as bad as the fist, as the player will be running by that area many many times.
EDIT, EDIT: Its more prominent when the player faces the pan settings I indicated above.
Another Note For Clipfactor: Above 1200 Removes all lights in the level.

You should check this function sc_screen_default.settings.lights.sunShadowRange = 0; too.

Quote:
manually set the shadow range...we don't need realtime shadows in the far distant! If set to 0 (default) shadow range will be set to camera.clip_far

If you have 0, then check camera.clip_far, default is 50000!

If this all doesn't help the best way is to make a small test level where it happens.

Regards, Robert

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.
by Albert Einstein

PhysX Preview of Cloth, Fluid and Soft Body

A8.47.1P