yeah it is much more unity like now than any other engine...
Esenthel engine also stepped onto the path of subscription (15USD/month), but apparently it cannot be canceled as flexibly as ue4, valid subscription is checked on each editor startup. and source code access subscription is much more expensive. http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store (users are not very happy)

at the moment in ue4 I always get an editor crash after the shooter example game startup, and in some other cases (maybe my old non-update-able driver is the issue), but at Epic they really seem to work on bug-fixing of all crash reports.
so currently it is cool to get familiar with this engine to get prepared for a future game project, because it is full with great stuff, but imo it requires some time to make it really solid on all platforms (it runs best currently under windows). so maybe later I will give them another month... but maybe Cryengine could also make some surprises...

if you are interested I could compile 1-2 test levels to see some end results. the realistic rendering demo is great (okay, 2 expert developers worked on it for 3 weeks full time).

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor