it will be interesting how unity will react. probably they also will adjust their prices a bit.

one of the advantages it still has is unityscript/c#/boo. c++ isn't for everyone (it's not that i wouldn't be able to become better in it if i really wanted to but i never really wanted to so far. i hate it. :)) and i am not sure about the blueprint visual scripting system. i haven't checked it out yet but visual scripting can be cumbersome in my experience. what would be a few lines of code can require big node networks already.

but if a big indie community builds around unreal engine then sooner or later there will be bindings for managed languages too i guess.

i am very curious about what valve will do with source 2. i have read that they will focus on increasing productivity of content creation. user generated content (mods,...) is extremely important for them.

i find those webgl developments fascinating too. the engines run in pure javascript - no need for any plugins - at almost native speed. incredible.