Originally Posted By: the_clown
Blog post is nice, too, I guess there'll be more hollah about more technical posts

Yes! There are some seriously cool things worth talking about, for example a few changes we introduced this week that cut branch miss predictions in half and also lowered the total amount of retired branches, allowing for more CPU cycles to be available to the game.

Stuff like this in general is really interesting, because usually you are discouraged from doing micro-optimizations, but in our case there are some seriously optimized classes already which only profit from micro optimizations anymore. And thanks to the PMC in Intel CPUs it's now possible to profile for these low level events. Really cool and not something you usually see.

Also, the whole tessellation system now and the dynamic shader system in general, really cool technical things and easy to use, but incredibly powerful.

tl;dr: We do have a lot of technical stuff to talk about, but want to keep the update blog posts relevant to what we did and what we are currently being busy with. So last week that was documentation. This week it's documentation. And next week world domination... Or something like that anyways tongue

Originally Posted By: sivan
I badly need a fucking working ati driver...

Hell yes you do!

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com