mm yes there would be simple work arounds , ofcourse if you study the crowd example code of detour wich i am sure you could find if you ask at mikko's recast google discussion page and you will find
it is really easy to work with .

uhm changes i made , i am not 100% sure but i remember i changed a unsupported or something qsort function into one my c++ accepted (i cannot remember if it is still like that ) and the other things i have done was like commented out some includes like debug draw files etc basicly i remarked that i changed files because simply adding a comment somewhere could perhaps qualify as a "change" , i never changed anything critical like core code so you dont need to worry about it being altered but be aware that i cannot redistribute it without the mention that changes were made . i wanted to update all the recast / detour core files again to have all the changes made to it by mikko but i have not gotten so far .. uhm and the other thing i did ,i did not use the standard example (like most do) files but i re-classed and redesigned the classes into my own and i removed the demo chunkytriangle functions and switched to single triangle rasterization (but this is also no problem because this is not core)

Compulsive compiler