Hello fellow game engine trainer!

I have to announce a new open source game engine on the market.
OpenWorld.Engine

Oh man, another engine again? Yep and this time it's super effective!
I have done some research into game engines but i coulnd't find an engine that fits my needs.

But what about...
...Acknex? Way too limited to create something quickly and portable.
...Unity3D? Why do you even ask?
...JMonkey? Nope, it's Java.
...UDK? Can i has money?
...CryEngine3? Can i has even more money?
...Rayne? I'm sorry, but i wanted a managed environment with reflection.

Why should i look at it?
Okay, so you want to know what is so special about this engine?
This engine supports both high and low level coding. It features node based scene management, a GUI framework, custom post processing pipelines, physics, sound, an asset pipeline and other stuff you may want to use. But it also allows you to code your own rendering with OpenGL 3.3.
Every method is documented and the API has a clear design.

For a complete list of features, click here:
Features

Also, the engine is theoretically multi-platform but i haven't tested it yet.

What techniques are you using?
The engine is written in C# based on .NET 4.0. The renderer is based on OpenGL 3.3, the physics engine is Jitter (a full managed phyiscs engine), sound is provided by OpenAL.

Why have you done this?
My current game project is a game like GarrysMod. Fully scriptable, multiplayer and user created content. I was searching for an engine that could allow me to create those features easily. But Acknex was too limited in case of asset loading, in Unity3D you can't create a good only-source game, other engines are badly documented or are just outdated. So i've done this engine. The basic API is oriented on the XNA API design because my first version of the game was written with XNA and i kinda wrote the engine so the game compiles with little changes.

Why is there no binary download?
This engine is in an early stage. A lot of features are missing, others could be refactored and your code will be broken. So a compiled binary will be released as soon as we have some stable and tested release.

Can i participate?
Sure, just contact me via E-Mail (felix [at] masterq32.de) or via PN. You should have collected some experience with game programming and C#.

Any questions still open?
Just ask here in the thread!

Okay, i hope i haven't forgotten something.

Have fun destroying my dream of a success release of my engine.
Felix

Click to reveal.. (???)

Oh well, i forgot something: Screenshots!
Those screenshots are made with my game, not with the engine. But it is planned to port this rendering pipeline into the engine itself, so everyone of you will have some nice graphics.

Last edited by MasterQ32; 01/20/14 18:04. Reason: Added features

Visit my site: www.masterq32.de