Hey Superku,

thanks for this contribution. It's great that still some people share their knowledge and code with the community though they're working on their own projects. Unfortunately I wasn't able to share some code for a while :-(

About 2 years ago I struggled with a code I wasn't able to solve the problem due to lack of time. As it was related to pathfinding I thought it might fit to this thread and could be resolved and build in with united forces:

In our Meteor Mess project we use WED paths and a A-star algorithm for moving the characters through the mansion. By clicking left on the screen we search for the nearest node and calculate the path from the current node to the target node. The issue we have is that we have to set quite a lot of nodes (and maintain them) to achieve a smooth movement.
Therefore I thought it might be good to have a code that makes it possible to let the player walk to a point between two nodes (still on the path, but not exactly to the calculated target node). This point would be the nearest point to the click point on the given path instead to the nearest node.
Some of the problems I ran into was that this point might be behind or before the nearest node and to exactly calculate this point (some vector math).
So sometimes the player has to just stop somewhat earlier and sometimes he has to move some further on.