Originally Posted By: Kartoffel
will it be possible to use custom object / postprocessing shaders?

Originally Posted By: Slin

But if you don´t want to use our default shader you can of course just write your own and assign it to a material or change the default shader or do whatever else you want.

Originally Posted By: Kartoffel
also, do you know when we can expect a version to try out ourselves?

The first alpha will be send to testers on january first if everything works out as planned.
Over the next couple of months we will probably need some more testers, so you either get to try it then or you will have to be buy it when we are ready

Originally Posted By: sivan
if I rememebr well assimp can handle gamestudio mdl7 beside many others...

In theory it supports many file formats, but often with restrictions. Collada worked great so far, a couple other less common ones too but others don´t work or mess things up or whatever. Otheres like fbx and c4d depend on third party sdks and for example fbx does not support animations. Also blend files don´t work, at least not with the latest blender version.
So as you can see, in theory it is quite perfect but in reality all those formats are really hard to maintain, to support all their features and to combine it into one general solution like assimp.
At the moment we only support static meshes with assimp, but I am working on animations right now and then an exporter to our own format, as well as some ways to automatically try to find and assign unassigned normal and spec maps and lod stages by searching for some patterns in the file names.

Also if I´ve got enough time till the alpha I will write an importer for texture files using imagemagick and hopefully also some easy to use useful tools to convert textures and models into better suited formats.

Edit: in case no one noticed: the screenshot above is one of the first screenshots showing Rayne running on windows, which is what Sid worked on for the last three days or so laugh

Last edited by Slin; 12/26/13 20:27.