Indeed, the Valve VR solution sounds very promising (pretty much like everything Valve did in this year. Now they just need to release Half Life 3).

Anyways, from a developers standpoint, this is pretty much zero news right now. There is no SDK or actual hardware to work against, and especially something like a VR device should be tested with actual hardware. We are lucky in this regard because Nils has an Oculus Rift (and had it pretty much from the first day), so it was "kind of" easy to integrate into Rayne.
Let's see what the future brings though, I can't say anything definite right now, but let's see what they unveil in January.

Also, anyone want to hear a funny story? I lost the passphrase to my SSH keys and can't access the Rayne server nor any of the git repositories. And I know that Nils made some really exciting commits yesterday. Tl;dr: Always make backups kids (and then make sure you can actually use the backup to restore your system)

Edit: Generated a new pair of SSH keys and regained access to the server. Have another Sponza picture made with the new lighting engine in place (written by Nils, so everyone say "thank you Nils for putting your time into nice lights")

Last edited by JustSid; 11/21/13 10:54.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com