Originally Posted By: Malice
frown I see, This engine is aimed at a higher level of programmer(a trained one).

Well, yes and no. We are not going to sugar coat it, you need to know programming to use Rayne. Gamestudio makes the opposite claim, and, at least in my humble opinion, is lying in that regard. Templates only get you so far, and then... Well, it helps to know how things work and how they are put together to actually do anything meaningful with them.

But, don't let the different syntax and idioms fool you; Just because it's not what you are used to doesn't mean it's difficult. I think, and I might be alone in that regard, C++ is a very elegant language and which makes it easy to express things. It takes a bit of getting used to, especially when coming from (Lite-)C, but you can pick it up. I have especially trust in you being able to pick it up since you are already at the point where you realized that copy and pasting isn't doing shit for your knowledge and that coding is basically taking things you did in the past and applying them to your current problem/goal.

Also, here is a sneak peek into the documentation (the texts aren't final, but you get the idea). Thoughts?

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com