Thank you very much for the detailed feedback! I will think about all your points but I have to disprove some of them:

I've changed the animation speed of the ceiling mode multiple times and I like it this way the best, but I am aware that the animation itself is not very good. I may try to improve it soon. As the note says the effect of the Kuball transition is currently deactivated because I don't like how it looks, if activated Superku bursts into many brown, green, red and white particles that orbit around the Kuball like a small galaxy, but I don't get it to look right.

Well... the turning speed. I have to completely disagree here as I've worked on the values since 2009 including acceleration on ground/ in air, gravity, turning speed on ground/ in air, at wall jumps and so on and I think it all is at the best state that I can produce. I hate it in platformers or movement codes in general when there is no inertia and you can easily change the jumping direction in mid-air. Inertia and direct control IMO are not mutually exclusive.

Hm I see your point but I think it's obvious in which direction Superku faces when you play the game yourself. Btw. the visual model, its rotation and the like does not affect the gameplay at all, the player in fact controls an invisible cube that does not rotate and the visual representation aligns to the walk direction, it's not the other way round.

Yes, that's a good idea, I will add some subtle effects here and there to improve the responsive feel of the movement.

Quote:
The sine wave ropes ... don't you think their amplitude is a big large? :-P

Nope. :-P

Quote:
Does the wind affect gameplay?

Yes, totally! When you are in open-air, you will be pushed to the left accordingly to the current strength of the visual wind effect. The wind does not push you, though, when you are in front of a background block, you will notice it instantly when you play the first level.

Quote:
Why can the doors marked "5" be destroyed with that laser-thing? This doesn't seem intuitive. Also, the power-blocks -- is it really necessary to move those two spaces? Yes, this is nitpicking.

It was supposed to be an "S", not a "5" and will be replaced with the Superku logo (that will be on the cape, too) when I finally have decided on one. And I have to disagree again, once you gain the ability to shoot your energy spheres (in the same level), the "S" starts to glow and it will be the first thing that blocks your way (and if the attack key is pressed, the auto-lock target will show that the block can be destroyed). I'd say it's perfectly intuitive, at least if you see it in context.
Regarding the power-block, I think you mean the part at 3:40? Yes, again this happens on purpose, there is a secret hidden at exactly this position. wink

Normally the levels only take 70-90secs. to complete and are linear and easy to understand. The sand temple level from the video is the 25th level (of 50) and is supposed to be something special, that's why it's a 4:30min non-linear exploration level. I can see that it's not completely obvious at 4:43 where you have to go but players are not stupid. I hate it how almost all modern games treat the player as a non-imaginative being. If you have played the game this far, you will have run enough walls to get the idea to use the ability here once again.

Thanks again for the feedback, I really appreciate it! wink

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends