Realms of Generica

is a techdemo game I developed together with what I call my "MMORPG TUSC", a framework that was supposed to be flexible enough to develop basic MMORPGs without writing code. After 2 years of development (with many pauses inbetween), I felt like it was time to release a demo to test the stability of the basic system.

Download (53 MB)
stresstest has ended, thanks to everyone who participated!

Some screenshots so you know what you are downloading:

How to play
The game plays like a Diablo-style hack-and-slay game. Leftclick to move and attack. Some parts are not easy, so make sure you always have the best weapon equipped and use your skills often. To do that, you have to move the skills to the skill shortcut bar and then use keys 1-9 to use them. Also be fast to drink health potions.
If you have time, please do all the 5 quests available.

Known issues
- The client sometimes crashes on zone change.
- If the game hangs on loading, one of the servers crashed. This shouldn't happen, but if it does please write me a PM.
- Resolution and audio level can't be changed yet, sorry.
- No group/party system, no PvP, XP and gold isn't shared between players.
Newly found bugs:
- Level up sound and message is also displayed if other players near you level up.

Tech talk
Game is completely written in C++. The game logic is fully independent of Gamestudio. That's necessary because the server runs on linux. Everything is highly optimized for low resource use (CPU, network etc).

So, please test the game, and report bugs that you find. Keep in mind that the game itself only serves as a testing platform, to don't expect too much gameplay from it.

Thank you for you help!

Last edited by SchokoKeks; 11/09/12 09:51.