Quote:

we should let the mods decide if it should be moved or not It aint our job

first off... noone said anything about it being our job to determine what posts stays where... it is quite obvious that the moderators will make those determinations... but, on the same hand, there is nothing to stop someone from posting their view as to why the post is relevant... and why it should stay where it is... in order to possibly assist the moderators arrive at their decision... which is what was done...

Quote:

So i dont see any reason for whining. it could be easier but its not impossible at all. And due to the fact shaders are quite new its a bit early about complaining to much.

noone is ripping anything apart... or trying to. unlike you, who's eyes seem closed to anything that even faintly appears to be critical of 3DGS, so it is no wonder why you 'cant see any reason'... all i am doing is trying to open a rational, fact based, discussion with the coders here who have actually coded the shaders... and the developers who are using them, either with problems or successfully...

such an exchange can only be beneficial...

... as opposed to what appears to be your flag waving statemements, that make it seem like someone is threatening the 3DGS homefront... under which no information is exchanged... and noone benefits...

why do you feel like you always have to defend Conitec...
Quote:

At least give conitec some time to start working on something before ripping it appart

when noone in fact is attacking Conitec at all...

this is simply a thread to garner information and input from developers experienced with shaders... and maybe to come up with some solutions, workarounds, and possibly goals for future implementations in the engine...

besides... Conitec is well able to defend their own interests and position here... far better than you can, i would think.

if you have nothing to contribute on those lines, i might suggest you ignore this thread, and not try and start another of your flag waving flame fests.

not trying to shut you up or anything... but i'd really be more interested in listening to what Matt, Rhuarc, Steempipe, Ventilator, Drew, Oliver, has to say on the current state of shaders and what the immediate future holds...

... after all, they've done some of the grunt work and been generous enough to share it with the rest of us as far as shader effects here are concerned... so i would assume (safely) that they have the most experience, and would be in a better position to offer some more insightful input...

... real input, not blind following the blind, a6 patriotic, flag waving input

i'm sure these people would be generous enough to explain whatever shortcomings and erroneous positions i may be operating from in a factual and level headed manner... which may wind up helping more than just me...

so... if you don't mind... can we ignore your distraction and return to the topic at hand... please...

--Mike