Originally Posted By: sivan
Someone wrote earlier that: Unity is the Borg, and yeah, it's assimilating you grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbEi1isW3kQ
don't forget that Unity free does not give you a lot of things, and pro is very expensive, except you get it from torrent grin and there are a lot of other free engines, which needs only royalty when selling a game.
Or download SDL (used by Super Meat Boy, Lugaru, Overgrowth, and a lot of other cross-platform games), GNU C++ compilers for different platforms, have a poke at this excellent SDL tutorial, and write your own engine for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Originally Posted By: MrGuest
Agreed, long dead and buried, we're just old family members who leaves messages for its epitaph.

I probably wouldn't have wrote this if not for Puppeteers post
Originally Posted By: Puppeteers
And if you think about it. Its not too hard to create an Editor like that. It's just work.
And making such an Editor perfectly fitting for your is often essential too and normally you do not know enough about such a framework to easily modify the parts you want to change...
with Firo's reply of
Originally Posted By: Firoball
I don't want to have to code an editor in order to be able to work with Acknex properly. Period.
While some find it fun to create editors for themselves or others to use, ask yourself why you're doing it. If one already existed to do the job, you wouldn't.
I agree witih Puppeteer. I don't really like arguing against Firo's point in a thread he hasn't yet participated in, but the thread he did post it in was getting off topic. A generic level editor is not suited to most games. Unless you're making another first-person shooter, chances are you'll be better off with a game-specific custom-made level editor anyway.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!