Originally Posted By: ratchet

@kmega99 :
Nice texture start.
The term skinning is mainly used for "character skinning" , this means defining the weight of vertex to each bone of the skeleton.
I doubt your ship have some skeleton laugh ?
You meaned perhaps : UV mapping or texturing ?

@ratchet
Yes I did mean uv mapping + texturing. Thanks for the correction. I don't mind being corrected as it helps form me into a better game developer. smile

@all
Thanks all for the quick replies. cool

It's thanks to the advise and help from the community my game will have a higher chance of success. I'll continue to post screen-shots as I make progress.

Originally Posted By: maslone1

How good are your scripting skills?

I believe that my scripting skills are very good even though I'm still learning. My musical skills are great and art/modeling skills seems to be getting good now that I've learned what I was doing.

The first ship I posted was built without knowing what I was doing which resulted in excessive use of polygons. Still was not too bad for my first ship. The last warship picture I posted, in the picture is only 6 polygons yet everything looks 3D ("nearly a whole day spent on the texture though").

@maslone1
Originally Posted By: maslone1

Maybe i could help you in some parts of your project

If you feel as if you have the time then why not? I'm willing to give it a chance.

For others who might join in the future:
I plan to do at least 90% of all the programming using lite-c.
I'm putting in allot of extra effort to produce a commercial quality game.

Could use help with (if interested):

Very low polygon ship models (extra work will be done with textures to give a realistic look).

Star Stations.
Planets.
Asteroids.
etc.

I can pay a little in the beginning and will pay out even more once the game is finished.