@kmega99 :
Sure, only screenshots and videos count at final when someone is claiming to make great game.
My post wasn't against you, but i we've seen lot of people dreaming about big , next big games ... a lot failed.
Even in 3D Game Studio , some great games started very great, but failed due to team splitting, lack of motivation, problems with doing it, real life taking the step etc ...

Sometimes some failed due that they targetted big without having already done some little game to alredy know how much the work to produce sometimes can be very big.

But yes we'll wait for a screenshot and be impressed with stars in ours eyes laugh

Like JustSid said :
Indeed programming side can be very big challenge, for tools also, like games having their own editors and tools.
And i do'nt talk about pathfinding or integrating some free pathfinding libs, making good artificial intelligence etc ...

The other very challenging part also is 3D creation, with good models, good textures, good 3D effects and animations.
Making some solid style , with solid levels and units it's lot of work also.
But adopting RTS without any character models will already reduce the amount of work :
- no rigging
- not all animations possible to make for each character
- some more easy to make hard surface than wanting to make
convincing Faces and realistic textures for the character.
skinning (perhaps less when your game

But again i don't think you'll do better than Starcraft 2 , it was made by thousand of skilled people and lot of very skilled programmers laugh

It's not to de motivate you, but to show you some reality.

Even this game made one guy with Ogre 3D took him some 2 or 3 years (he had to pay for some freelance 3D artists some times to improve some models and textures).
So alone don't dream about making something big and better than AAA games in some months.

Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by ratchet; 01/06/12 20:15.