Originally Posted By: lostclimate
people who are actually looking for work are far too busy with drum circles.

I'm not sure whether I understand this sentence.
Do you mean thatpeople who are actually looking for work are far too busy to participate in a movement like Occupy?

If so, you don't realize the degree of unemployment.

I try to illustrate it from a different point:
a friend is independent entrepreneur, his business melt down from about 10 employers to one, and now he is on his own.
He is looking for someone who can do some programming, only a few hours a week.
When I told him, he could ask at the lokal employment agency, he said that he doesn't want to remind them that he exists because when they remember him, they will send him tons of candidacies, even later when he doesn't ask.

Got it?

Why is it impossible to understand that if there are not enough jobs that there are people who won't get a job, whatever they try to do?

@ Redeemer:
Isn't it depressing to believe that the crowd of one of the wealthiest nations of the world is not educated enough to participate in democracy? Is the education system of the USA actually that bad?

And, why are you expecting any good from the decisions of the 'educated and rich', while you can read in 'educated' and investigative newpapers that it was their work of the last twenty years that evoke the crises?