Hiya.

I've owned Torque for a few years now. One thing I can say about GG...they *do* actually squish bugs. Because of that, I've never been disappointed with any of their upgrades or point-releases. The only 'bad' thing that I can think of that made me go Aaaawwww man! Why?!?, was when T3D came out and didn't support Atlas mapping. I understand why, but still, it was a 'setback', if you will.

As for the GG community...as long as you aren't an ass, you'll fit right in. If you complain relentlessly about 'bugs', when the bugs were simply you not knowing how the engine works or some other method of operation you're doing/not doing, well, then you may get the cold shoulder.

With regards to FPS and whatnot...I've actually found T3D to handle pretty much everything I throw at it...and I'm not even focused on heavy optimization. If I was to actually take the time to create my own LOD models and design levels/missions with FPS as a forefront point, I'm positive I could increase my FPS by two, three or more times.

Currently, the BIGGEST pain in the kiester is T3D's (currently?) broken Zone/Portal stuff. It got broke a while back, but it is high on their list (obviously...it's kinda important) of things to fix, so I expect it's already done or will be done very soon.

For those of you looking to check out an engine that does outdoors-style games excelently...you really can't go wrong with Torque3D. Especially for the price.

Anyway, that's my 2¢. laugh

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)